What should I do after a kitchen fire?
The kitchen is where the most fire damages happen in a home. Don't let it be too stressful by following these steps.
- After leaving the house call the firefighters to put out the fire.
- Call your insurance to let them know of the damage.
- Call SERVPRO of Peoria / West Glendale to start the cleanup and restoration process.
- Take pictures of the damage to keep for insurance company use.
- Always update communication with your insurance through email to keep track of conversations.
One other thing to understand is that the restoration process could take a few weeks to complete depending on how invasive the fire was.